Assistive Technology (AT) is any product or service designed to enable independence for disabled and older people.
(King's Fund consultation, 2001)
The Foundation for Assistive Technology (FAST) works with the AT community to support innovation in product development and good practice in service provision.
Search our database of UK Assistive Technology research projects here.
FAST on Twitter
Follow FAST directly on Twitter. If you don't have a Twitter account, follow us using RebelMouse.
FAST Monthly Newsletters
- AT Policy News keeps you up to date with changes in policy and legislation in the UK.
- AT R&D News focuses on funding, current projects, resources, jobs and events in AT.
Annual Report to Parliament 2012-13
Commissioned by the Department of Health and presented to Parliament each July, FAST reports on AT research and development activity across the UK. Providing a comprehensive report on all AT research being funded by the UK government, this is a valuable resource for the sector. Download the report from the Department of Health website here [external link] or from the FAST website, here.
Growing the assisted living market ...
FAST and partners propose how suppliers could support the development of a large scale, retail telecare and telehealth market. Read more here [link to pdf].
RAATE 2013 Conference
- RAatE, the only UK conference to focus on innovation and development in AT, took place on 25th of November 2013.
- Visit the RAatE website for reports from the conference here [external site].
- If you are interested in attending or supporting the conference next November, contact the University of Coventry organisers [external site].
Where do you come from ...?
Chart the global interest in UK assistive technology research and development activity.